The regulated health industry environment in which Chiropractic is practised has changed substantially since it’s inception. At The Chiropractic Domain we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional health service in a caring environment, providing safe, effective Chiropractic care for all ages. We have always kept detailed clinical notes and endeavoured to adhere to the Chiropractic Board of Australia Guidelines and we have always passed any audits that we had had to go through.
Changes to the Chiropractic guidelines over time have lead to various changes of how we operate, including the introduction of posture reviews, sEMG scanning technology and digital x-rays of which all of you will have experienced in our clinics.
We have always kept clinical records, however Private health insurance companies are actively looking of ways to reduce the claims made by clients, therefore our record keeping and clinical justification needs to be very clear.
What does this mean for Chiropractic Practices?
- We will need to provide slightly altered clinical records each appointment
- We will be re-assessing each client more regularly in adherence to the Chiropractic Guidelines
- Chiropractors will be regularly audited randomly to ensure they are doing the right thing, by the Board and by private health funds.
- Chiropractors will continue to develop their skills
- We may be a little slower in our record keeping for the time being as we alter our long held habits, we ask that you be patient as these changes are being made
What does this mean for YOU as a client?
- Even as a regular ongoing patient you will need to have a reassessment every 6 months or as pertinent to your care.
- If you have not been to our clinic for more than 6 months you will need to have a re-assessment
- A re-assesment appointment will be will be up to 30 minutes and cost $75 or $70 for concession or U18.
- This will allow you more time with your Chiropractor on a regular basis to make sure that we are providing you with the best care possible
- These appointment must be scheduled at least every 3-6 months or every 8 visits in the initial phase of care. This will provide us with appropriate time and documentation that the care you are receiving is adequate for your case
So, What Now?
- If you haven’ been in for 6 months or more, as per our usual practice you will be re-assessed at a long consult.
- If you think you may be due for a re-assessment (previously called a posture review) ask us to schedule one before July 1st 2016 for the regular fee of $51.00
For the latest news for the Chiropractors Assocation go to chiropractors.asn.au/resources/latest-news